Gregory Sichenzia, a founding member of Sichenzia Ross Ference LLP in May 1998, counsels public and private companies in all securities laws matters, from complex financing transactions and listings on various stock exchanges through everyday regulatory requirements. He has also been responsible for structuring innovative merger and acquisition transactions. Throughout his career he has represented many companies and investment banks in initial public offerings of securities, and has represented numerous public companies in private equity financing transactions (PIPEs) and the resulting resale registration statements associated with these financings.
Mr. Sichenzia is a nationally recognized corporate finance and securities practitioner and has worked closely with the Securities and Exchange Commission staff in establishing guidelines for various corporate finance transactions. Additionally, Mr. Sichenzia actively represents FINRA member Broker-Dealers in various matters with regulatory agencies.
Mr. Sichenzia started his career at a large national law firm representing Fortune 500 companies and shifted his focus to smaller public companies in the early 1990’s. Immediately prior to forming the firm, Mr. Sichenzia was the managing partner of the Corporate and Securities Department at Singer, Frumento Sichenzia LLP.
Publications and Classes
- Higher Rates Drive Companies to Public Markets, The Huffington Post (December 2015)
- IPO Trends for Investors to Consider in Q4 2015, The Huffington Post (November 2015)
- Establishing and Navigating the Moving Parts of IPO, The Huffington Post (September 2015)
- The Age of the Household Brand IPO: Why Are So Many Established Companies Going Public, The Huffington Post (August 2015)
- Marijuana Investments: Massive Growth or Massive Bubble, The Huffington Post (July 2015)
- Lawline CLE Course: Investing in Publicly Traded Companies in the Legal Cannabis Industry
Awards & Recognitions
Mr. Sichenzia graduated from American University with a B.A. degree in 1984 and the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in 1987, where he was a Notes and Comments Editor of the Cardozo Arts & Entertainment Law Journal.
Mr. Sichenzia was admitted to the New York State Bar in 1988 and the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York in 1992.
Office: New York