Kristine T. Takvoryan is a partner in the Los Angeles office. Ms. Takvoryan has over twelve years of experience representing business entities and individuals in all phases of insolvency and restructuring (including representation of debtors, creditors, and trustees in bankruptcy proceedings), as well as representing operating businesses in the areas of transactional business, real estate, and finance.
Ms. Takvoryan's trademark practice includes counseling clients on availability, protection and proper use of trademarks both domestically and internationally, preparing U.S. trademark applications, as well as directing and coordinating the execution of international trademark applications, utilizing a network of foreign associates.
Ms. Takvoryan has represented borrowers in lawsuits against creditors, and both plaintiffs and defendants in lawsuits related to commercial transactions. In addition, Kristine has defended wrongful and predatory foreclosures throughout the state of California, defended clients facing eviction, handled complex state and federal litigation, and performed pre-bankruptcy planning and evaluation.
At the beginning of her career, Ms. Takvoryan worked for a law firm with nationwide debt collection and litigation capabilities handling complex Civil/Business litigation from inception through enforcement of judgment, participated in all aspects of discovery, and handled judicial as well as mediation and arbitration hearings, for clients including American Express, Centurion Bank, Bank of America, and Discover Bank.
Prior to joining SRF, Ms. Takvoryan partnered up with her sister Ovsanna Takvoryan and founded a boutique firm, Takvoryan Law Group, APC, which grew into a successful firm specializing in business, real estate, and bankruptcy law.
- Represented an LA-based franchise start-up in the beauty industry working closely with their team to develop a tailored strategy to protect, preserve, and enhance the value of the client’s intellectual property in relation to their franchise services, beauty and wellness services, and in the development and use of an app for use in accepting, coordinating and facilitating requests of hair, beauty and wellness services. Successfully protected client’s 5 trademarks from denial of registration based on conflicts with several registered trademarks in related classes. Submitted legal briefs in response and successfully overcame the Examiner’s refusals.
- Represented a designer in the fashion industry in connection with the protection and enforcement of client’s intellectual property rights worldwide, and defending and pursuing claims of trademark infringement.
- Represented an individual debtor in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization, reduced and/or completely wiped out over $3M of debt secured against several real properties owned by debtor as well as unsecured debt.
- Represented a purchaser in a series of transactions involving a $95 million dollar acquisition of various commercial properties.
- Served as outside counsel to a hospitality company with multinational operations, advising on acquisition and renovation of properties, real estate and business financing, high-end retail leasing, licensing, guest relations, and protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights.
- American Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- The Armenian Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
J.D., Loyola Law School
B.A., Economics for Business and Management, Occidental College
State Bar of California
United States Supreme Court of California
United State District Courts in the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Central Districts of California
Venture Finance & Emerging Companies
Trademarks and Brands
Office: Los Angeles
10866 Wilshire Blvd,
15th floor, STE 1560,
Los Angeles, CA 90024
Phone: (213) 460-4833