Ovsanna Takvoryan is a partner in the Los Angeles office. Ms. Takvoryan has over seventeen years of legal experience serving as counsel to various corporate entities and high net worth individuals locally, nationally and globally, in various industries including, but not limited to, entertainment, retail, real estate, finance, technology, and manufacturing.
Ms. Takvoryan has extensive experience in structuring business transactions for foreign clients doing business in the United States, and U.S. companies doing business abroad.
Ms. Takvoryan handles all aspects of corporate transactions, ranging from forming new business entities to representing established companies through complex financing transactions, asset purchase agreements, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and corporate restructurings. Ms. Takvoryan also has extensive experience structuring, negotiating, and drafting a wide range of complex agreements, analyzing and interpreting contracts and providing legal advice on potential risks and issues in a wide range of legal areas.
Ms. Takvoryan specializes in corporate restructuring and in litigation and transactional aspects of Chapter 11 reorganization. Ms. Takvoryan represents debtors, official unsecured creditors' committees, Chapter 7 Trustees, and trustees in Chapter 11 business as well as individual cases and bankruptcy litigation proceedings. Ms. Takvoryan also represents creditors in their disputes against distressed and bankrupt companies as well as in disputes between secured and unsecured creditors in Chapter 11 reorganization cases. Ms. Takvoryan handles all aspects of Chapter 11 litigation and transactional matters from the inception of the case through and the following confirmation. Ms. Takvoryan also undertakes improper asset transfer investigations and asset recovery litigation and negotiates and prosecutes mass avoidance actions. As restructuring counsel, Ms. Takvoryan negotiates and documents various types of transactions and agreements including but not limited to distressed financing agreements, asset sales, mergers, and acquisition agreements.
Ms. Takvoryan also represents clients with diverse interests in real estate holdings. Such representation ranges from structuring purchases and sales of real property much more complex transactions involving TIC agreements and 1031 exchanges and syndications. Ms. Takvoryan has worked on transactions in the range of $10 to $95 million and matters involving multiple entities and lenders. These transactions also involved securing financing ranging from traditional mortgages to mezzanine loans.
Ms. Takvoryan also provides legal services as outside general counsel to various corporate entities. As outside general counsel, Ms. Takvoryan coordinates and oversees:
- Negotiating and drafting operating and shareholder agreements
- Corporate filings and reporting obligations
- Commercial contracts, licensing agreements and strategic transactions
- Corporate governance, board and shareholder resolutions, consents, directors meetings, shareholder meetings, and minutes
- Capital Raises
- Counseling officers and director's on fiduciary duties and strategic considerations
- Employment matters, including hiring, retention, termination and employee handbooks
- Executive compensation, including stock options, restricted stock agreements, and equity and non-equity based incentive compensation
- Trademark, patent and other intellectual property protection
- Litigation, arbitration and risk management
- Real estate purchases and commercial leasing
- Represented purchaser, in a transaction involving over $14 million dollars, of 21 fast food franchise locations, purchased from various related debtors in possession.
- Successfully defended against a $100 million dollar cross-complaint in a civil trial, involving a three-month jury trial.
- Represented the purchaser as part of a $95 million dollar acquisition of six (6) apartment buildings located in Texas and North Carolina.
- Represented a purchaser in a series of transactions involving the acquisition of various types of commercial properties and securing financing in connection with said acquisitions ranging from traditional mortgages to mezzanine loans; assisted with the formation of various entities and the preparation of organizational documents for such newly formed entities involved in the transactions; and drafted various corollary documents related to the acquisitions (i.e. assignment and assumption of leases, assignment and assumption of contracts and intangible property, tenant notice letters, certificates of independent managers, management agreements, etc.).
- Represented a designer in the merger of two fashion houses inclusive of negotiating and drafting of an operating agreement, membership agreement, license agreements, employment agreements and design services agreements.
Certificate of appreciation from Public Counsel Law Center's Debtor Assistance Project
Super Lawyer Rising Star by Southern California Super Lawyers in Los Angeles Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine
- American Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association Bankruptcy Section Chair
- The Armenian Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- The California Bankruptcy Forum
J.D., University of California School of Law, Los Angeles
B.A., Diplomacy and World Affairs, Occidental College, magna cum laude
State Bar of California
United States Supreme Court of California
United State District Court in the Central and Eastern District of California
Venture Finance & Emerging Companies
Franchise and Distribution
Office: Los Angeles
10866 Wilshire Blvd,
15th floor, STE 1560,
Los Angeles, CA 90024
Phone: 212-981-6769 ext.892