Trust & Estates Legal Assistant
The Trusts & Estates practice group of Sichenzia Ross Ference LLP seeks a legal assistant. This is a new position with room to grow. Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working full time in a law firm. The candidate who takes pride in their work will be organized, detail oriented and have excellent time management skills. Candidates must have an unexpired New York notary license or be willing to take the New York notary exam (within the first 90 days of employment). The legal assistant will be working alongside the Trusts & Estates Partner and Senior Paralegal.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a legal assistant at a law firm. Trusts & Estates law a plus.
- 4 year college degree OR as least 5 years law firm experience.
- Required to be in the office 5 days a week. This is not a work from home or remote position.
- Have a NY notary license – unexpired or will take the NY exam within the first 90 days of employment.
- Organized, detail oriented and have excellent time management skills- someone who can prioritize and work with deadlines as IRS tax deadlines are very important in our practice.
- Clerical work including monitoring incoming mail, daily filing, preparing overnight deliveries and monitoring incoming calls.
- Calendar – knowledge of Microsoft Outlook Calendar a plus
- Track due dates for estate tax returns (and extensions)
- Set up ZOOM, Google Meet or DIAL-in for client meetings
- Time Entry (weekly) – experience as a timekeeper at a law firm a plus.
- Document production – preparation of estate tax return binders a plus.
- Follow procedures after Wills, Trusts and Advance directives are signed including preparing conformed copies and mailing to clients.
- Prepare draft probate petitions and administration petitions.
- E-file on court website.
Please send resumes to email@example.com